Dr. (Mrs.) Ngozi Olejeme, FCIDA, M.IoD, is a successful entrepreneur and an astute Politician and Administrator of repute. A boardroom guru with a wealth of experience, she has a proven record of success in administrative governance and business management. She hails from Asaba in Delta State of Nigeria.
‘Your Excellency’ as she is fondly called by her friends and admirers on account of her gubernatorial primary election in Delta State, is an embodiment of beauty and intelligence.
From a humble beginning, Dr. Mrs. Olejeme has risen to become an outstanding grassroot politician, philanthropist, charismatic leader, peace ambassador, human rights activist, anti-corruption crusader and a nationalist.
Dr Mrs. Olejeme sits on the board of many Companies and Government establishments/organizations which include:
- Chairman Board of Directors, Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF)
- Chairman Board of Directors, TrustFund Pensions PLC
- Chairman/ CEO, ABLE JES Nigeria Limited
- Chairman/ CEO, Fresh Energy Nigeria Limited
- Executive Director, JULINDNigeria Limited
- Member, Board of Directors, Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited
- Member, Subsidy Re-investment and Empowerment Programme
- Member, Board of Directors, Sheraton Hotels and Towers
- Director of Finance, Goodluck Support Group (GSG)
- Federal Government Delegate (South South) National Conference 2014
She was appointed a Director on the Board of Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited by President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2006 while in 2009, Late President Umar Musa Yar’Adua appointed her as Chairman Board of Directors of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund, NSITF, the first female to hold such position in the country.
She saw to the successful enactment into law of the Employees’ Compensation Act in December 2010, and the setting up of necessary human and physical infrastructure for the implementation of the Act.
She is currently in the lead to amend the provisions of the NSITF Act to position the fund to commence the implementation of Social Security benefits for the aged, unemployed, child care and physically challenged in the country.
Since her appointment as the Board Chairman of NSITF, she has been unrelenting in the campaign for the provision of adequate compensation for workers both in the private and public sectors.
She is the convener of the SURE-P sub- committee on Public Works and Road Rehabilitation. The Subsidy Re-investment Empowerment is a policy the Federal Government designed to cushion the impact of removal of fuel subsidy and to accelerate economic growth through investment and infrastructure development in the country.
Dr. Mrs. Olejeme is an alumnus of the following Ivy League institutions;
- The Prestigious Harvard Business School, Boston, USA
- Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia,USA
- University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Saad Business School, Oxford University, United Kingdom
- Pan African University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
In recognition of her relentless advocacy for the down-trodden and good governance, she has been awarded the following honors:
- Honorary Doctoral Degree by American Heritage University of Southern California (Doctor of Public Policy, Honoris Causa)
- Prestigious Africa International Award (AIA) Ghana
- Fellow, Civilian Institute of Democratic Administration, FCIDA, (Nigeria)
- Fellow, Michael Imoudu National Institute of Labour Studies (Nigeria)
- Champion of Workers Welfare Award by Labour Writers Associations
- Friend of Nollywood Award by Association of Movie Producers of Nigeria 2014
- NAWOJ Leadership Award, 2014
- Honorary Life Member/Commonwealth Ambassador of RoyalCommonwealth Society, Nigeria.
- Life Member Institute of Directors (Affiliate of Institute of Directors
- International Leadership Award by Africa Women Diplomatic Forum,
- Woman of Integrity and Exemplary Leadership Award of State House
Press Corps (VILLA) and Newspaper Proprietor Association of Nigeria
- The 2013 Valiant Award by National Conference of Black Mayors
(NCBM) in Atlanta Georgia, USA.
- Award of Excellence/ Mother Per Excellence Award for Loyalty and
Service to Humanity by Amazon International Houston, Texas, USA.
- American Global Health Network Patrons Award for Excellent Service
by Ohio House of Representatives, 2013.
- Global Excellence in Leadership Award by Student Association of
Nigeria in Diaspora (SAND)
- Member, The Association of Business Executives London
- Award for Excellence by Women of Love, Ireland 2013
- World Peace Ambassador for Peace Award (Amb.P) by United Nations -Polac Peace Programme Nigeria, 2013
- Delta State Leaders of Excellence Award by Delta State Grassroots
- National Assembly Media Correspondents’ Award of Charity Services
- Meritorious Award of Excellent by Ijaw Youth Council.
- Global Achievement Award for a Societal Rehabilitation and Capital
- Montage Africa Women of Excellence Awards 2013.
- 2013 Delta Most Celebrated Personality Award by organizers of the
Delta Role Model Awards (DREAMS) in collaboration with African Child
- Kwame Nkrumah Leadership Award, Africa Woman of the Year 2012
by All Africa Student Union (AASU)
- Award of Excellence and Peak Performance in the chosen Career and
- 6th Africa Leader PAR Excellence Award 2013 by International Center
for Comparative Leadership for Africans and Blacks in Diaspora
- Best Technocrat in Nigeria Award 2014 by City People Media Group
- Mother of Nigerian Youth by Nigeria Unity Football Tournament
- Panelist on the Session on Law and Social security, 2013 by Nigeria
Institute of Advance and Legal Studies
- Member, Board of Patrons, Congress of Muslim and Christian Youths for Unity.
As an astute politician, her desire to contribute to the socio-economic and political development of her country in an atmosphere of accountability led to her emergence as one of the gubernatorial aspirants for Delta State under the platform of Peoples Democratic Party in the 2007 primary elections.
She strives to work for a peaceful, prosperous and united Nigeria and her people, especially youth and women, for the promotion and sustenance of democracy.